Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Loving my Ergo

Well I fell in love with my Ergo all over again today. I finally had the chance to use the head support that you can button up if the baby falls asleep and I was excited!
Today after leaving mommy day at Leanna's I stopped by the grocery store to buy a few things knowing I was racing against naptime because Luke was definitely looking pretty tired. But I was able to get to the store before he fell asleep. So I loaded him into the Ergo. When he is tired or cranky he generally does much better in the Ergo than if he is in the shopping cart or a stroller. And as I thought would happen he fell asleep while I was still shopping. So I just buttoned up the head rest to give his head some support and he was good to go. It was great!
I really loved my Mei Tai but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Ergo. I even added the newborn insert on my baby registry at Montana Diaper Store. I am not sure if I will use it as much as the sling or the Moby wrap (which i also registered for) but we will see. My only concern is that it may be too hot for the baby. Or then again maybe not since the baby should be coming as the cold weather does.
That reminds me, my friend Trish forwarded me the website Montana Diaper Store. It is a great website with lots of great cloth diapering items amongst other things. It pretty much had everything I could think I will need for the new baby (which really just consists of cloth diapering products, a teething necklace just in case this baby struggles as much as Luke did, a Moby wrap because i don't have one yet, and maybe a few other odds and ends) and lucky for me you can create a baby registry there! So I went ahead and did this and plan to forward this to my family so that rather than getting a bunch of stuff we probably won't use they will be able to help us with what we do need. If you are expecting or plan on expecting check this site out!

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Hmmmm... Ergo. I may just have to get one of those.

I'm so excited for you! I love staying up to date on your pregancy stuff. Keep it comming :)

Lauren said...

Yes, keep talking about your pregnancy! Did you know that we have the Ina May book in the LLL library? I really want to read it, but I guess I can part with it.

Wanna borrow my Moby for your new baby? I dunno if you like aqua, but you're welcome to it. :)

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I haven't used a carrier in a few years (David is almost 5 and we hardly go far from home). I thought about taking an ergo with me on this trip in case we started walking a lot. Since I only booked my tickets 2 weeks ago, I decided just to take my homemade wrap (don't have an ergo). I used it briefly in the airport. I would definately get an ergo and many more carriers if I had a new baby.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the tips...love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

a practical thing to have :)