Thursday, August 21, 2008

My New Favorite Smoothie

Well it seems I either don't blog ever or I just can't stop blogging. One extreme or the other story of my life.
So I am sipping on my new favorite smoothie. I love making smoothies and they are an easy way to get some good nutrition in the mornings when I have to get somewhere and don't have time to sit down and eat some granola and fruit (my other breakfast I enjoy). So I decided to share my favorite smoothie because I know some of you are also smoothie fans...

1. four or five ice cubes
2. about 1/2 cup (I just eyeball it might be more like 1 cup) organic lowfat vanilla yogurt
3. 1 banana (I guess you could use frozen banana and then skip the ice cubes but I like fresh)
4. 2 tblsp Smart Balance Omega peanut butter (good source of omega's good for pregos and fills you up to make it a real meal)
5. 1 packet Flax Paks (Organic Milled Flax Seeds made by Carrington Farms I bought in grocery store and I buy the boxes of individual packets - one packet has 12g of Omega Flax.. these things are a great addition to lots of things I also put in my cereal and granola and just gives a nutty kind of flavor)
6. Agave Nectar to taste (some may prefer none but I like it a little sweet so I just squeeze some in while blending)

Blend it all together and your good to go. You can probably add some greens in there if you wanted. I haven't yet I only have done greens in my berry smoothies but I might try some spinach next time.

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I haven't tried any peanut butter smoothies yet : / Thanks for the reminder.